Bridgeport Hospital is recognized as Fairfield County’s most comprehensive healthcare facility.
ONLY BRIDGEPORT HOSPITAL, in eastern Fairfield County, is a member of the Yale New Haven Health System.
Our Ratings and Accreditations
ONLY BRIDGEPORT HOSPITAL has earned all of these prestigious designations and accreditations:
- BEST in Fairfield County for Geriatrics, Pulmonology, Nephrology and Urology in
U.S. News & World Report’s 2012-13 Best Hospitals rankings
- American College of Surgeons and American Burn Association as the only verified adult burn center in Connecticut
- American College of Surgeons as a Trauma Center
Approved with Commendation by
- American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer as a Teaching Hospital Cancer Program
- The Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO) as a Primary Stroke Center
- The State of Connecticut as a Primary Stroke Center
- The Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- College of American Pathologists
- American College of Radiology
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
Bridgeport Hospital is a member of Nurses Improving Care For Health System Elders (NICHE), a national geriatric nursing program of the John A. Hartford Foundation Institute for Geriatric Nursing at New York University.
The Norma F. Pfriem Breast Care Center is a member of the prestigious National Consortium of Breast Care Centers
Bridgeport Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program is nationally recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
Our Expert Physicians
ONLY BRIDGEPORT HOSPITAL provides all of this physician expertise:
- A medical staff of more than 580 physicians representing more than 70 specialties and subspecialties, including pediatric cardiology, obstetrical anesthesiology and surgical oncology.
- Physicians who are faculty members at Yale University School of Medicine or other prestigious medical schools.
Our Comprehensive Services
ONLY BRIDGEPORT HOSPITAL offers the highest level and widest scope of healthcare services available in Fairfield County, including:
Fairfield Urgent Care Center, 309 Stillson Road, Fairfield
The Huntington Walk-In Medical Center, 887 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton
For more information about these and other services, please call the Marketing Department at 203-384-3533.