Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the program of study, the Graduate Surgical Technologist will:
- Apply principles of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and microbiology perioperative patient care.
- Distinguish the elements, action, and use of medications and anesthetic agents used during the perioperative experience.
- Demonstrate safe practice in the role of Surgical Technologist
- Display competence in technical skills and aseptic technique in the perioperative environment
- Perform principles of effective communication and teamwork in the perioperative environment
- Practice responsible and accountable behavior within the role and competencies of the surgical technologist.
- Identify ethical, legal, moral, social, and cultural issues that impact upon patient care.
- Organize the intraoperative environment efficiently as a member of the surgical team.
- Apply learned knowledge and skills in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains to become nationally certified as a Surgical Technologist.